Skip to main content

Project Issue #7: Rug

 I started this rug a while ago when my cousin was visiting from out of town. We ripped up sheets and started on a circular rug. It has sat unfinished for a long time. So when I brought it out I didn't know what to do so I looked up a pattern and didn't like any of the circular ones. So I decided to do an oval. I took out all the stitches that I did and started over with an oval. I found a pattern on Pinterest from Heart Hook Home. And I set out to finish it. It didn't take me as long and I thought it would but it also isn't too big. Just big enough to make a small rug by the door. I needed to block the rug so the edges would stay down. but after about 48 hours it was dry and ready to be put on display.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Issue 6: Water Balloons

  These weren't an unfinished project this year. But I wanted to make water balloons for my nieces and nephews for the family reunion. So I set out. I got a pattern from @mamamakesyarn. It was simple and quick to work up.

Project Issue 3: Scrubbies

There were a few ladies in my ward I wanted to give a birthday gift to so I grabbed the netting and got to work. I completed these with some help from my mother-in-law. These are just a couple of them.    I got the pattern from my mother in law.  Nylon Scrubber Instructions:   Material needed: *2 yards Nylon netting (makes 4 scrubber pads) The rougher the netting the better—big                                                  holes not the tiny holes that kind makes great shower ones for the body.   *Size “K” crochet hook     Refold netting so it can be cut lengthwise into 3 inch wide by 6 foot long strips.   A rotary cuter & cutting board can be used but may be as easy to lay out netting...

My Friend One... Why?

 While I was teaching math, I was trying to help the students with the concept of fractions. I told them we can always call our friend "One". He like to dress up, he's really good at being invisible, he like to clean up, but he always makes sure everything stays the same. So I thought why not try to see if I could create a book with my friend one.  It is going to be a journey but I'm taking it one day at a time. I will slowly gather information I need from the interweb, Pinterest, math books, and anywhere I can find it. but one day I believe I can make this project come to life. One step at a time.  So while I work on that math project I also created a goal that I will complete one project I have started already each month. Some are more complex than others but they need to be finished anyway. So stay tuned for an adventure of "The year of the Projects"