Skip to main content

Project Issue 3: Scrubbies

There were a few ladies in my ward I wanted to give a birthday gift to so I grabbed the netting and got to work. I completed these with some help from my mother-in-law.

These are just a couple of them. 

 

I got the pattern from my mother in law. 

Nylon Scrubber Instructions:

 

Material needed:

*2 yards Nylon netting (makes 4 scrubber pads) The rougher the netting the better—big                                                  holes not the tiny holes that kind makes great shower ones for the body.

 

*Size “K” crochet hook

 

 

Refold netting so it can be cut lengthwise into 3 inch wide by 6 foot long strips.   A rotary cuter & cutting board can be used but may be as easy to lay out netting, measure & mark the 3” strips with a fine point felt tip marker & straight edge, then use scissors to cut the strips.

 

Knot tie 6 strips together.

 

1.     Chain 5 & connect with 2 single crochet in the beginning chain to make a circle.

 

2.    Single crochet twice (2 times) in each stitch for 2 (6-foot) lengths of netting in the back stitch only.

 

3.    Single crochet in each stitch until the last length of netting—until the 5th knot.

 

4.    Decrease on the 6th length by:  single crochet one in every other stitch until you have about 12” of netting left. 

 

5.    Turn scrubber inside out (bring beginning tail up through hole) & continue crocheting in every other stitch until hole is closed up by pulling ends through the loop.  Tie & secure knot with beginning tail & ending tail & stuff inside center of scrub pad.

 

6.  Pull the finished pad into shape.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Issue 6: Water Balloons

  These weren't an unfinished project this year. But I wanted to make water balloons for my nieces and nephews for the family reunion. So I set out. I got a pattern from @mamamakesyarn. It was simple and quick to work up.

My Friend One... Why?

 While I was teaching math, I was trying to help the students with the concept of fractions. I told them we can always call our friend "One". He like to dress up, he's really good at being invisible, he like to clean up, but he always makes sure everything stays the same. So I thought why not try to see if I could create a book with my friend one.  It is going to be a journey but I'm taking it one day at a time. I will slowly gather information I need from the interweb, Pinterest, math books, and anywhere I can find it. but one day I believe I can make this project come to life. One step at a time.  So while I work on that math project I also created a goal that I will complete one project I have started already each month. Some are more complex than others but they need to be finished anyway. So stay tuned for an adventure of "The year of the Projects"